This course focuses on the capital structure of the company. We teach the fundamental concepts of debt together with the modelling of financing sources.
The Debt course will introduce you to the fundamental concepts of profitability and risk. The main financing instruments, such as, senior debt, mezzanine and bonds, will also be explained. We will apply these concepts when we build specific models, such as, a capitalization table, sources & uses and different operating models that will allow you to model the different types of debt.
- Understand the key terms and definitions of financing tools.
- Model the main financing tools.
- The key financial concepts and operating parameters used in companies with debt.
Jose Ignacio Dengra
José Ignacio Dengra works in the Private Debt team of Alantra Private Debt since September 2015. He previously spent 5 years in Nomura in the M & A (Madrid) and Leverage & Acquisition Finance (London) teams. José Ignacio completed a double degree of ADE and Law at ICADE (E3)
This course consists of 33 online lessons with a total duration of almost 12 hours including videos and practical exercises.
- 1 – INTRO TO COURSE
- 2-5 – FUNDAMENTAL CONCEPTS
- 6 – SENIOR DEBT
- 7 – BONDS
- 8 – SECOND LIEN DEBT AND MEZZANINE
- 9 – DEBT FROM INVESTOR POINT OF VIEW
- 10 –COVENANTS
- 11 – CAP TABLE
- 12 –SOURCES & USES
- 13 – NEW WAYS OF FINANCING
- 14 –15 EXCEL MODEL INTRO
- 16 –19 OPERATING MODEL
- 20 -22–EXCEL MODEL TLA
- 23 –28 EXCEL MODEL TLB AND MEZZANINE
- 29-30– EXCEL MODEL REVOLVER
- 31-32– EXCEL MODEL BALANCE MODEL
- 33 – EXCEL MODEL MAKE WHOLE
Who is it for?
- Students and professionals who want to know, in depth, the different financing mechanisms that the debt industry makes available to the market.