In this course you will learn: how the investment process works in a startup and an entrepreneur model, how to evaluate the project and the investments of new shareholders.
The Venture Capital industry is specialized in investing in the earlier stages of start-up companies that already demonstrate, or are expected to obtain, high growth rates.
With this course we want to show you the main components of this sector, as well as to teach you how to present a financial model to this type of investor. It is ideal for both entrepreneurs and investors.
Learn how the investment process works, the characteristics of the companies that attract investment, and how these types of operations are structured.
- Understand the key terms and definitions of the Venture capital industry.
- Introduce the key assumptions in a financial model.
- Prepare the three financial statements (profit and loss account, balance sheet, cash flow).
- Perform cash flow discount and business DCF valuation.
Jose María Hernanz
José María Hernanz worked as Associate Director at UBS and is currently an investment associate at JME Ventures. He is also co-founder of “The shirt factory”. He is also a board member of Ironhack. José María Hernanz holds a degree in Business Sciences.
This course consists of 60 online lessons with a total duration of almost 12 hours including videos and practical exercises. In addition, study and reference material with Excel files to practice and their solutions are included.
- Chapter – 01 INTRODUCTION VC
- Chapter – 02 INTRO & AGENDA
- Chapter – 03 EXCEL KNOWLEDGE
- Chapter – 04 EXCEL FORMATTING CELLS
- Chapter – 05 EXCEL CUSTOM RIBBON
- Chapter – 06-08 SHORTCUTS
- Chapter – 09 INTRODUCING THE OPERATING MODEL
- Chapter – 10 OPERATING MODEL KPIS
- Chapter – 11-13 OPERATING MODEL
- Chapter – 14 CONVERSION FUNNEL
- Chapter – 15 LIFETIME VALUE
- Chapter – 16 CPI CAC
- Chapter – 17 ACTIVE USERS
- Chapter – 18 REVENUES ARE COMPLETED
- Chapter – 19 VC SPECIFICS
- Chapter – 20 – CAPITAL INCREASE I
- Chapter – 21 CAPITAL INCREASE II
- Chapter – 22-29 CAP TABLE
- Chapter – 30-44 COHORT MODEL
- Chapter – 45-55 LIQUIDATION PREFERENCE MODEL
- Chapter – 56-59 VALUATION MODEL
Who is it for?
- Professionals in the sector who need to gain confidence in the development of an Excel financial model oriented to Venture Capital: Analysis of new businesses / investments, Investment Banking, Venture Capital, Private Equity, Financial Consulting, Patrimonial Consulting.
- Consulting Family businesses.
- Entrepreneurs who need to finance their project.