In this course, you will learn; to generate detailed financial models, of the valuation of a portfolio of real estate assets, from the financial viewpoint.
Real Estate Portfolios
Over the last few years, in Spain, there have been transactions involving large portfolios of real estate assets resulting from, the obligatory cleaning of bank balance sheets. Large investment funds have positioned themselves in this sector and there is currently a frenetic activity that will last a few years.
This course focuses on the detailed modelling of the valuation of a portfolio of real estate assets, for which we provide a theoretical introduction.
- Understand the key terms and definitions of real estate portfolio management.
- Know how to introduce key assumptions in a financial model.
- Prepare the three financial statements (profit and loss account, balance sheet, cash flow).
- Perform cash flow discount and business DCF valuation.
Ernesto Ferrer-Bonsoms has a degree in Law and Business Administration from the Autonomous University of Madrid (UAM). He started his professional career as a Research Analyst at the IESE Business School and later developed his professional career in M & A and Private Equity in London and Madrid. Ernesto is currently working at Acquisitions & Portfolio Management at Altamira Asset Management.
This course consists of 29 online lessons with a total duration of almost 16 hours including videos and practical exercises.
- Chapter 1 – INTRODUCTION
- Chapter 2 – SUMMARY
- Chapter 3 – DATATAPE
- Chapter 4 – ASSET INFORMATION
- Chapter 5 – ASSET VALUATION
- Chapter 6 – LIQUIDITY
- Chapter 7 – LIQUIDITY POPULATION TRANSACTIONS
- Chapter 8 – LIQUIDITY ASSETS
- Chapter 9 – ASSETS FINAL LIQUIDITY
- Chapter 10 – ASSETS SALES TIMING
- Chapter 11 – ASSETS COSTS
- Chapter 12 – ASSETS COSTS
- Chapter 13 – ASSETS COSTS
- Chapter 14 – ASSETS COSTS
- Chapter 15 – SALES CURVES I
- Chapter 16 – SALES CURVES II
- Chapter 17 – CASH FlOW BY UNIT
- Chapter 18 – CASH FLOW BY UNIT –
- Chapter 19 – CASH FLOW BY UNIT –
- Chapter 20 – MANAGEMENT
- Chapter 21 – CASH FLOW BY UNIT
- Chapter 22 – OUTPUT CF TOTAL DEBT & EQUITY
- Chapter 23 – OUTPUT CF TOTAL CIT UNLEVERED
- Chapter 24 – OUTPUT CF TOTAL CIT LEVERED
- Chapter 25 – OUTPUT CF TOTAL BALANCE & CASH FLOW
- Chapter 26 – OUTPUT CF TOTAL DEVELOPMENT
- Chapter 27 – SUMMARY P&L AND NET CASH FLOW
- Chapter 28 –SUMMARY INVESTMENT METRICS
- Chapter 29 – OUTPUT VALUE BRIDGE
Who is it for?
- Analysts and managers dedicated to corporate and underwriting processes of real estate portfolios.
- Real estate investment funds, real estate consultants, Big Four or any player in the market interested in valuing a portfolio of assets.