With this course you will learn how to build financial statements, the DCF, an LBO and perform a sensitivity analysis for an M & A model.
Out of stock
Out of stock
The course will teach you how to create a model from scratch including P & L, Balance and Cash Flows. It will also teach you how to calculate a DCF and how to model an LBO (leveraged purchase). Additionally, we will learn all the formulas and functions (sources and uses, purchase price and goodwills, scenarios of synergies and other key assumptions) and integrate it into a well-designed pro-forma model.
In addition to learning the detailed mechanics of how to build the model, in the course you can also learn to evaluate the impact of the transaction through the analysis of “accretion / dilution” and the impact on the intrinsic value per share. When performing a sensitivity analysis, you will also understand how a change in the assumptions can affect the future results of the merger or acquisition.
Our intention is that at the end of the course you can build a financial model for mergers and acquisitions (M & A) step by step in Excel.
- Learn how to structure a mergers and acquisitions model in the most efficient way.
- Configure the assumptions and controls necessary to develop the M & A model.
- Create a balance after the transaction.
- Integrate the buyer and the objective in a pro forma model.
- Calculate accretion / dilution metrics per share after the transaction.
- Carry out a sensitivity analysis on key assumptions and evaluate the overall impact on the transaction.
Carlos Monzón is currently Associate in the investment area of Magnum Capital. Previously, he worked in the Oquendo Capital, the mezzanine debt fund and as an M&A analyst in Nomura. He studied a Double Degree in Business Administration and Law (E-3) at the Pontifical University of Comillas (ICADE).
This course consists of 18 online lessons with a total duration of almost 12 hours including videos and practical exercises. In addition, study and reference material with Excel files to practice and their solutions are included.
- Chapter 1 – P&L PART 1
- Chapter 2 – P&L PART 2
- Chapter 3 – P&L PART 3
- Chapter 4 – BS PART 1
- Chapter 5 – BS PART 2
- Chapter 6 – BS PART 3
- Chapter 7 – BS PART 4
- Chapter 8 – CF PART 1
- Chapter 9 – CF PART 2
- Chapter 10 – LBO PART 1
- Chapter 11 – LBO PART 2
- Chapter 12 – LBO PART 3
- Chapter 13 – LBO PART 4
- Chapter 14 – LBO PART 5
- Chapter 15 – LBO PART 6
- Chapter 16 – DCF PART 1
- Chapter 17 – DCF PART 2
Who is it for?
- University students or professionals who wish to start their career in the area of Investment Banking and / or Private Equity.
- Business consultants, administrators and partners of mercantile companies, financial directors, lawyers and business advisors and in general to anyone who wants to learn to analyze in a clear and simple way the elements that must be taken into account in a business sale process and the development of a business plan.