Having a business plan is essential for any business, regardless of the company stage or trading sector.
A business plan will help you to take decisions, which can range from product viability, pricing, hiring, budgeting purposes, funding needs, or even pitching an idea to raise funds to name a few; which ultimately means making the right strategic decisions, and minimising the risk of those.
The digital businesses are creating such a disruptive model for businesses that we could no longer obviate the need to create an introduction course to explain three of the most popular business models at the moment: Saas, e-commerce and marketplace.
The course will combine three different business models for you to understand how to model their particularities.
We combine the basic principles of financial modelling using simple and logical formulation, with the insights into those models for a start-up
After completing the course, you will be able to:
- Understand the Saas, marketplace and e-commerce models.
- Start and build a financial model for a business plan.
- The purpose of financial modelling and best practices.
- Prepare the three financial statements (profit and loss account, balance sheet, cash flow) and the integration, which is key for a robust financial model.
- Understand the difference between operations and financing of a company.
- Calculate the financing needs for a company to start operating and future needs.
- Create a fully flexible financial model with scenarios and a clear and robust structure.
The course includes the complete financial model, as well as a template for you to work independently.
The course will take you between 10-15 hours to complete, depending on your level of understanding.
You can refer to the materials at any time and for an unlimited amount of time.