Learn to build a business plan from scratch where you can project income, costs and investments and with basic operating ratios.
Business Plan Basic
The Business Financial Plan is essential when starting a business. This course will help to understand how useful a business plan is, since it will allow you to better understand the business and is a fundamental tool for managing the business, asking investors for funds, controlling / budgeting expenses, analyzing financial profitability but above all to make the right strategic decisions.
This course will provide students and professionals with solid Excel skills and the ability to prepare a detailed operational financial model. The complete model will include the projection of the P & L account, the balance and the cash flow that will illustrate answers to relevant business problems and applied to any traditional sector.
- How to start and build a business plan.
- Understand the importance of financial modelling in the decision making of a company.
- How to project the model of 3 financial statements (P & L, Balance and CF) and create a model with the best practices in excel.
- The key financial concepts and operating parameters used in the sector.
- Sensitivity analysis and graphics for presentations.
Paula Gómez Medina
Paula has been working in the financial services industry for over 18 years. She started working for ABN AMRO as an analyst and then continued her career in financial services in GE Capital in various divisions such as Real Estate, Leasing, Private Equity and Consumer Lending.
She founded modelandum in 2004 and since then has been involved in financial modelling, primarily in Private Equity projects. Paula has built many customized models for funds and delivered modelling workshops for different universities including London School of Economics, King College, UCL, LBS, IE, ESADE, IESE. She is the founding partner and CEO of modelandum.
This course consists of 14 online lessons with a total duration of almost 8 hours including videos and practical exercises. In addition, study and reference material with Excel files to practice and their solutions are included.
- Chapter 0 – INTRO REVENUE
- Chapter 1 – ESTRUCTURA DEL MODELO FINANCIERO
- Chapter 2 – REVENUES
- Chapter 3 – FÓRMULAS
- Chapter 4 – INVENTARIO I
- Chapter 5 – INVENTARIO II
- Chapter 6 – INVENTARIO III
- Chapter 7 – OPEX I
- Chapter 8 – OPEX II
- Chapter 9 – NET FIXED ASSETS I
- Chapter 10–NET FIXED ASSETS II
- Chapter 11 – TAXES
- Chapter 12 – CAPITAL STRUCTURE I
- Chapter 13 – CAPITAL STRUCTURE II
Who is it for?
- Any professional or student who has an interest in working in financial areas (investment banks, private equity, corporate development, financial advisor / analyst, etc.).
- Any professional who wants to advance in his professional career.
- Any entrepreneur who wants to better understand their business, raise funds, or develop an operational tool to manage their business.